5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2009 8:06 PM by Juan Carlos Menge RSS

Qlikview Server/Publisher 9.0

Hi all,

I'm trying to make the 9.0 work , and for now I'm having only limited succes meaning that I can apply the license for QV Server but not for the QV Publisher the error I get is "Failed to communicate with the command center " - (see attached pic) .

The Command Center service is started so it should comunicate with it.

Also QlikView Publisher Distribution-Service is not starting (Error 1607)

Any ideeas ?

Txs

• Qlikview Server/Publisher 9.0
          Brad Shields

Hi George.

I am getting exactly the same issue. Did you resolve the problem?

Johan Jeansson

Hi GeorgeSavu,

Most likely this is caused by having an old database present. Please have a look in the folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\ and delete the folder called QVPR and the file called QVPR<YourMachineName>.ini in that folder as well. If you do not use visa or Win 2008 the folder is located under c:\documents and settings\ all users\application data\qliktech\Publisher\CommandCenter (But better check my spelling of the folders, I am on a Visat machine myself).

After that you should be ready to start using Publisher.

Best regards,

Johan Jeansson

Brad Shields

Hi Johan,

I did as you suggested without luck.

My QMC works fine, but I still cannot register publisher. The webserver does not start up as a service i get the following error

Event Type: Error
                Event Source: QlikViewWebServer
                Event Category: None
                Event ID: 0
                Description:
                Service cannot be started. System.Net.HttpListenerException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
                at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAll()
                at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
                at QlikView.WebServer.HttpServiceComponent.CreateAndStartHttpListener()
                at QlikView.WebServer.HttpServiceComponent.Init(String[] args)
                at QlikView.WebServer.HttpServiceComponent.Start(String[] args)
                at QlikView.WebServer.AccessPointServer.OnStart(String[] args)
                at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

When I go into QMEC i get the message that the command centre is disconnected.

I installed as recommended by unistalling both server and publisher with a restart before installing 9.0

Ingresa el serial number del Publisher en QlikView Server / License Information.

Revisa el Archivo Left generado.

Ingresa el serial number de Publisher en Publisher Server / License Information, e ingresa el archivo left copiado.

Reingresa el serial number del Server en QlikView Server / License Information.

Lo que se esta haciendo es identificar el left del publisher para luego ingresarlo manualmente, luego dejamos la licencia del server como esta antes.

Suerte