7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2015 10:50 AM by Mari Borries RSS

How to create a median of percentage of completed help desk tickets

Mari Borries

All,

Attached is a sample Qlikview document showing a group of helpdesk tickets, the ID's associated with them, the month/year submitted, and the time to resolve.  The issue is in trying to create a median of the SLOWEST 30% of just the completed tickets. The actual "median" function will not work in this scenario due to a need for aggregation.

Example:

Month-YrIDTimeStatus
      Dec-2014125Completed
      Dec-2014224Completed
      Dec-2014320Completed
      Dec-2014417Completed
      Dec-2014510Not Resolved
      Dec-201468Completed
      Dec-201485Not Resolved
      Dec-201475Completed
      Dec-201493Completed
      Dec-2014102

Completed 

and so on.....

For a month where there are 70 tickets, 60 of them were resolved, 30% is 18 tickets. The requirement is to find the median of those 18 tickets. 

I have been unable to create the final calculation for the median due to the restriction of only using a dynamic 30% set for each month.

In the real application, set analysis on 3 fields is needed for all calculations to force the "completed' and 2 other filters at all times. Even without those, this is a difficult expression.  Adding a < or > to compare a value for <30% or >30% fails in every scenario tried so far.

I have had some good suggestions for finding the fastest or overall median that have worked well, but the slowest one has me stumped.

Any ideas?

Very much appreciate any suggestions! !