Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveen1108
Creator
Creator

Passing a Value from KPI to Open a sheet

Is it possible to open a sheet from KPI by passing a value to it.

Lets say i am showing some Open tickets Status as KPI for which the count is 20 and if click on 20 it should display only the open 20 records in a table in another sheet similar way for closed status.

Please let me know if some knows how to do it.

Regards,

PK

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Praveen,

This is not possible with the default KPI object.

Do you know how to use extensions and use the Mashup-APIs?

If so then, that will be the best route to take to perform what you are looking to do.

Let us know.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Praveen,

The standard KPI object will allow you to link to a sheet but there is no option to use this to pass through a value.

Could you try adding logic to your table that filters the records based on their status e.g. using set analysis only display open tickets?  This would then give you the consistency across sheets that I think you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Rod

praveen1108
Creator
Creator
Author

But in that case i have 4 KPI's and i need to create 4 separate tables in 4 different sheets and the worst part is we cannot hide the sheets so i don't think its a feasible solution.

Not applicable

Hi Praveen,

Perhaps you could consider using an extension such as the Variable Button (Variable Button) to allow you to show the KPI value and then, when it is clicked, it sets a variable read in by the expression in your table?

Hope this helps.

Rod

praveen1108
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Guys,

Still i am struggling for this.can someone help me.

Regards,

PK

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Praveen,

This is not possible with the default KPI object.

Do you know how to use extensions and use the Mashup-APIs?

If so then, that will be the best route to take to perform what you are looking to do.

Let us know.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
nishargkhandhar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Praveen, Have you found any solution for this ? I'm also ended up in similar situation. Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nisharg