Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik sense area map doesn't load

Hi there!

Thanks in advance for your help. So I uploaded an Excel file (attached) which has the "state abbr" and "area" to create an area map on Qlik sense server (v 2.1.1). I also tagged the area field as geopolygon in the data load editor:  TAG FIELDS "Area" WITH $geopolygon;

Here's my problem:

The map doesn't load -- it has been "loading" for past 25 minutes and hasn't rendered any state yet. Do you have any pointers on finding the root cause?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Are you trying to use this coordinates as KLM or CSV file?

As far as I'm concern those are KLM coordinates.

You have got few missing states as well

Try attached- this is extract from KLM file

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Paras,

I believe the issue is that your excel file is exceeding the charcater limit for excel so the coordinates are being truncated.  Using the data you provided I was able to load  

AL

AR

AZ

BC

CO

CT

DC

DE

but I could not get CA or FL to work.  When I look at the data in Excel it appears the data is truncated for those states.

I would recommend you load the data from your source file vs copying into Excel.

-Josh

Qlik

Please mark my reply as correct or helpful if appropriate so other members can find answers to their questions.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Are you trying to use this coordinates as KLM or CSV file?

As far as I'm concern those are KLM coordinates.

You have got few missing states as well

Try attached- this is extract from KLM file

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Robert...I was loading them via excel file. I tried the excel file you attached which seems to much better version of what I had but no luck either (on Qlik sense desktop). You mentioned KML file in your response so I searched and found a KML file (which probably has the exact same data that you have in your excel file) and that worked!

I found KML file here: KML US and World Map and Sample Data

I am marking this as the answer since your tip on "KML" solved the issue for me.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Josh -- for some reason, loading this data via excel didn't work and thanks to your tip on directly loading the data, I was able to find the KML file and that is now working!