4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2009 5:21 PM by Scott Moon RSS

Connect QV server 64bit to MSAccess

Derek Keeble

Hi all.

Can someone please help?

I am running a standard edition of 8.5 small business edition of QVS on a 64bit server.

Has anybody got any suggestions on how I can use this to connect and pull data from a MS access database ?

• Connect QV server 64bit to MSAccess
          Stephen Charles

You can't. I have the same issue. MS Access only has ODBC drives for 32 bit. You will have to load the 32 bit version of QV.

Stephen

Derek Keeble

Thanks Stephen

Thats what I have done on the server and got it to generate a qvd file then import that.

Just seems really clunky .......

I'm trying to do this with a SQL Server linked server definition.I was able to successfully create a linked server from one of our SQL Server 2000 boxes that has the MS Jet 4.0 ODBC driver on it. Then I took my query and ran it in Query Analyzer and got the results I expected.

Great, right? Wrong. I plugged the new connection string into my load script and ran it on my 32-bit Developer edition on my PC. (Not even wading into 64-bit territory yet, but that's where I need to get to for my Publisher.) I'm getting an error telling me "Invalid object < my table name >" and the query fails. Why? Is QlikView doing something other than passing this query on to the server for execution?

Any help is appreciated.

Scott Moon

It's more than likely not QlikView, but rather the ODBC driver. Especially with JET ODBC I have had similar issues in QlikView and others. The culprit usually turns out to be differences in string delimiting - i.e. single vs double quotes. In other instances it has to do with how field names are represented, square brackets vs quotes or similar.

A little late to the party, but I hope this helps.

Scott