Qlik Sense supports QVD's format
Qlik Sense can be use with connectors for SAP have a look here :
Or here SAP BW available
Using Qlik, SAP® customers can:
- Combine and analyze data, easily and quickly, from SAP® ERP, mySAP™, SAP BW and non-SAP sources (with or without data warehousing)
- Empower business users to perform most of their own data analysis and reporting with Google-like simplicity, reducing required IT support for BI by up to 90%
- Give users the ability to visualize information in a wide variety charts, graphs and tables, as well as the ability to interact with SAP® data in real time
- Reduce the time to make critical business decisions by weeks
- Implement or upgrade analytics for any existing SAP® infrastructure within days, not months
- Expand acceptance and enterprise use of analytics to make decisions that drive business performance
So my questions are :
- Qlik Sense uses QVD to load its data so do we need to install a QlikView server to create our QVD in order to use Qlik Sense server or can I create my QVD directly in QlikSense ?
- I saw that Qlik Sense connectors exist so can I use them to connect SAP BW to Qlik Sense ?
1) You can directly make use of the qliksense server for every thing. You can even migrate the qlikview apps directly to Qliksesne. The entire data model will remain the same. All you need to do is to create the UI.
2) Yes you can use the connectors to connect to SAP BI from qliksense.
Thanks and Regards,