4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2015 7:49 AM by Emelina Maluleke RSS

Triggers

Emelina Maluleke

Hi

I have created different text objects with the action to display detailed information in another sheet. When I create a trigger on the sheet properties to display data for one month, it is applicable to all the text objects. How do I apply the same trigger to only one or two text objects not on all of them.

• Re: Triggers
          Stefan Wühl

If you are creating a Select - Select in field action, this will apply to all charts and aggregations in that state.

You can use an alternate state to only apply selections for charts set to the alternate state or aggregations that use the alternate state identifier.

Emelina Maluleke

Hi Swuehi

I have been going through the material that talks about Alternate states. Can you create one with the date field. Example, in my chart I would like to show the (max(month)  - 2 ) instead of max(month). When the user select the link to the chart, it should take him/her to the chart with (max(month) - 2 ) calculations.

Stefan Wühl

Could you post a small sample QVW?

Maybe you don't need alternate states, but use set analysis in (some of) your charts?

What is the link you are talking about? Is this a link that opens the QVW in the accesspoint?

Emelina Maluleke

Hi Swuehi

The link created is in a text box and managed to sort it out with the set analysis formula. Thank you very much for your willingness to help.