3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2015 5:01 AM by Stefan Wühl RSS

Using LEFT JOIN after MAPPING LOAD

Li Ki

Dear Qlikview experts,

I have a problem while using LEFT JOIN after Mapping statement. I need to join tables many times, and in-between I'm doing a MAP condition. After I've specified the MAPPING LOAD statement, I cannot JOIN my previous table anymore, cause it renames the table into the name of mapping condition.

This is what I mean:

Map-Join.JPG

My table, that should have the name of '$(vTableNameED)' has the name 'MapDimTitle'.

Could anybody help with that?

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Using LEFT JOIN after MAPPING LOAD
          Stefan Wühl

Sorry, I don't understand the issue. What do you mean with

"My table, that should have the name of '$(vTableNameED)' has the name 'MapDimTitle'."

MapDimTitle is your mapping table is not part of the final data model.

• Re: Using LEFT JOIN after MAPPING LOAD
              Li Ki

I have a table named 'ED' (the name is saved in the variable '$(vTableNameED)'). And I have the structure like this:

ED:

Load * From ...

LEFT JOIN

Load * From ...

LEFT JOIN

Load * From...

And then inside those joins I need to specify a mapping condition (MapDimTitle). After that I want to return to joining the ED table, like is shown in the screenshot. So after mapping load I write:

LEFT JOIN ('ED')

Load ApplyMap..... From ...

But instead of joining the ED table the QlikView renames the table into 'MapDimTitle', and breakes there...

Is it clearer? Do you have any idea?