6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2009 7:28 PM by Karl Humma RSS

Ajax mode

sayeds

Hi,

can somebody explain step by step how to publish a document in ajax mode ?

I'm trying in every way but unsuccessfully...can you help me ?

Thanks a lot

• Ajax mode
          Rob Wunderlich

Consider upgrading to QVS V9. In V9, the generation of documents to ZFC (Ajax) is done on the fly. You don't have to do anything to get them published!

-Rob

• Ajax mode
            Karl Humma

Well if you are using IIS, what I do is, create a virtual directory (i.e. AJAX)which houses the ajax files, point it to the physical path you will be placing the ajax doc folders.

Then in qv.exe go to Tools >Object Client Page Generator.

For target folders for pages place your AJAX virtual directory folder path here.

For the Document URL place the qvp://<servername>/<filename.qvw> here. Then click finish.

Your pages are now created and on your server and can be reached by going to http://<servername>/AJAX/<yourfilenameajaxfolder>/default.htm . This is as summerized as I can get :-) !

/Karl

• Ajax mode
                sayeds

Hi,

I've tried like you have suggested to me but it doesn't work.
                I receive a javascript error and the page is empty, with some "tab control" on the right top corner.

Why I get this error ?
                How can I get ajax works ?

Thanks a lot.

• Ajax mode
                    sayeds

The javascript error appers only with IE, while with Firefox there's no error but the page is still empty :(

What can I do ?

• Ajax mode
                        Karl Humma

what does your page source say?

You can private message it to me if you want. I think it is not seeing the qv doc, but i can't be sure without seeing your source.

/Karl