6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2015 1:27 AM by Lorna Louw RSS

chart Layout

Lorna Louw

hi guys

Have an interesting one here...PFA...

The first and last column on the chart should be Previous and Current Provision (which is a numeric field).

the users want the Delta Exposure to appear like on the attached .png file...

so this Delta Exposure should be on the right Axis...I like the Waterfall effect...that all the 'pieces' of Exposure add up to the TOTAL difference of the Provision movement between the two months...you will be able to see this on the png...

any ideas please?

thanks

• Re: chart Layout

Hi Lorna,

I was looking at this this morning and found an excellent piece from Yigal Ben Oren (see link).

sparkline

One of the tabs has a Waterfall, its a great document.

Regards,

Jason.

Lorna Louw

Thank you Jason...for some reason, when I download the document, it doesnt want to open

can you maybe drop box it to me?

Hi Lorna,

If it is still needed I would happily Drop-Box it (assuming the moderators are happy with this?).  I  could also e-mail it, but it might be a shade big (it is 8mb), feel free to ping me an e-mail.

Just a thought though, if you are on Personal edition I think it would be an issue as you are not the author.

Regards,

Jason.

Peter Cammaert

Ah, maybe not. The Data Visualization document used to be a standard demo document distributed with QlikView. It may have an embedded license which allows opening in PE Desktop.

Open the document and press Ctrl-Shift-Q. In the Document Info section, check whether License says 'Embedded'.

Best,

Peter

Peter Cammaert

The technique is pretty simple. Create as many expressions as there are bars. In the properties of every expression except the first and the last, set the bar offset to the value of the previous expression. You can use the reference

=[Column n]

to do that where n is the index of the previous expression (indices start at 1). So no need to repeat complex expressions.

Best,

Peter

Lorna Louw

thank you guys - managed to open it up.