I'm using absolutely new license for this server.
The server itself is a virtual server placed in Amazon Cloud.
Problem is that I haven't even entered the license - once I try to enter control string and code and press apply, system clears the fields and writes Success just above the Apply button. Looks like it doesn't even save the license information.
I did have something strange with services showing up as not being started once on a Xen VM. I ended up uninstalling, removing any QV files (especially in Documents and Settings) and registry entries and then re-installing. Worked then.
Sorry that I can't give a better solution.