Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restict IE plugin usage

Hi,

We have only a finite number of user licences for Qlikview so I think we need to restrict plugin use to only those whom we want to be viewing the report (1000's work here). I'm not massively clear on how the licencing works and the literature isn't too clear?

Is this as simple as restricting access to QVPlugin in IIS (We run IIS 7), that is specifying the users allowed to access this rather than just having all users?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can manually Add CALs in the server management console, licensing section. The default is to automatically add CALs as users connect, but this can be turned off.

If you are using default Windows authentication then the CAL names are in the format DOMAIN\USERNAME.

If you don't have a CAL, you can't open a document - even if you have the plugin installed and operational.

Regards,

Stephen

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can manually Add CALs in the server management console, licensing section. The default is to automatically add CALs as users connect, but this can be turned off.

If you are using default Windows authentication then the CAL names are in the format DOMAIN\USERNAME.

If you don't have a CAL, you can't open a document - even if you have the plugin installed and operational.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Yes I see, under the Cal Info section - that's great - thankyou.