5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2015 1:38 AM by Paul Scotchford RSS

QlikCloud

Paul Scotchford

Just wondering when QlikCloud will develop to a point beyond the current novelty factor?

i.e. apps larger than 25mb , and support extensions in the app

thanks

Paul

• Re: QlikCloud
          Michael Tarallo

Hi Paul - thanks for your post. Please stay tuned. We have a continuous release cycle that will continue to add more features and enhancements.

I will check with the PM of Qlik Cloud to validate and clarify how much I am able to share with you publicly. If you would like to inquire with one of our team members to learn more, I can also arrange that.

I will update this post, once I hear back from the PM.

In regards to extensions, I am not quite sure if that will ever happen, due to the nature of how extensions are created with 3rd party SDKs, code and the potential for malicious programs effecting the hosted environment. There would most likely be a need to create a review board to validate and test the extensions before allowing them in the environment. I have not heard anything of this matter just yet.

EDIT: In regards to Qlik Cloud as a novelty - I would hope that many find value in simply just sharing interactive / read-only versions of their apps with others inside and outside their organization in order to facilitate decision making and collaboration.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Josh Good

Hi Paul,

Mike asked me to provide more details where we can. Yes we will be growing Qlik Sense Cloud beyond the current offering.  The first step will be to offer additional capacity on the current offering for a nominal monthly fee.  This would still be primary an 'individual level' offering because there would be no way to centrally govern the environment.  Following this we plan to add features and offerings that would be attractive to a group of users.

With respect to extensions, we are investigating how to best include them in Qlik Sense Cloud. There is a technical challenge around ensuring any extensions added to Qlik Sense Cloud are safe from a security perspective and do not cause any problems for other users.

I hope this is helpful.

-Josh

Qlik

Paul Scotchford

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the feedback, I will be very interested to hear about these offerings when they can be revealed.

QlikCloud would be very useful for the SME community that may not have the resources to hit up with a Server infrastructure, but are big enough to expand beyond Desktop.

It would be nice to see QC compete with the likes of Yellowfin, Birst, Tableau from the cloud point of view.

Kind regards

Paul

Sarah Kohler

Hi Paul,

Stay tuned for changes in early January. 

Sarah Kohler

Product Manager, Qlik Cloud