5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2015 1:20 AM by Jonathan Dienst RSS

i cant see my IntervalMatch table.

Jim Chan

HI there,

I have created a intervallmatch table, but once i have loaded, why i cant see the intervalmatch table display on the data model viewer? or is it normal that cannot be seen?

IntervalMatch:

IntervalMatch(school_name)

LOAD

begin_eff_date,

end_eff_date,

school_name & '|' & date(begin_eff_date) & '|' & date(end_eff_date) as school_name_interval

resident school_facts;

Rgds

Jim

• Re: i cant see my IntervalMatch table.
          Sunny Talwar

Unless you have dropped it, I believe you should be seeing it in your data model viewer. Can you share your script and/or a sample application where you are seeing this behavior?

Mark Little

Hi,

I am with Sunny on this one, Have you tried to just add a list box for one of the fields from the table.

Try reordering the data model viewer in case it is just behind another table.

If they fail, try an exit script;

after your interval match see if it is created correctly, after that maybe try a Qualify statement, make sure it isn't being concatenated or join to another table.

Mark

Marco Wedel

school_name doesn't sound like a numeric field that could be matched with begin_eff_date/end_eff_date intervals, that should be the only two fields in the load part (unless using the extended intervalmatch syntax).

regards

Marco

Jim Chan

i have changed it to cohort_id(c2011-c2015)  instead of a school name. but the intervalmatch box still did not display out.

Jonathan Dienst

IntervalMatch:

IntervalMatch(school_name)

LOAD

begin_eff_date,

end_eff_date,

school_name & '|' & date(begin_eff_date) & '|' & date(end_eff_date) as school_name_interval

resident school_facts;

The interval match requires ordinal values for the bolded field names - the dates must be proper numeric date values, and the match field (school_name here), must be an ordinal value that already exists in the data model - not part of the interval match load. The load under the interval match should return 2 fields only - unless you are doing an SCD style interval match with multiple parameters (like IntervalMatch(SomeDate, SomeAttrib1, SomeAttrib2)). An intervalmatch is usually paired with join --

Left Join (DATA)

IntervalMatch(TransDate)    // a field in DATA

LOAD LowerDate, UpperDate Resident IntervalData;

In your case, the intervalmatch will not match anything, so nothing will be loaded, and therefore nothing will be visible in the table viewer.

Perhaps you could explain exactly what you are trying to do, along with a sample qvw containing representative data and someone will then be able to guide you.