Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trigger 2 filter pane at the same time

Guys, a newbie here got a problem to solve.

Currently I'm having 2 fact tables and both of them have date data. Since I need to avoid looping, I created date dimension tables for each of them, and also a master calendar table. Currently I'm hoping to do selections on the master calendar via a filter pane, and by doing this, both 2 date dimension table would change. Is there a way I can achieve it?

Attached is the model viewer diagram.ModelViewer.png

3 Replies
karthikeyan1504
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Felix,

The two calendars you have created is based on two different dates. We cannot consider those into one.

The important thing to decide is tha which date filter needs to be shown in UI for user to select. We can have a different date filters in two different tabs in UI according to the visualization.

karthikeyan1504
Creator III
Creator III

please refer this: Canonical Date

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply, Karthikeyan.

Currently those 2 calendars are different, and I can link them up together. However, I still have one more fact table to connect. If I link them up together, I would have a loop. Therefore, in order to avoid, I wish to break up the date key into separate tables and perform lookup manually on charts.

For selection, I would like to have one calendar filter pane for users to select date range. Once the date range is selected, the selection will apply over the whole application.