Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview 9 Server with IIS

Hi

I have recently tried to install Qlikview 9 server on XP. If I choose the default installation ie using the Qlikview web server then AccessPoint will work fine. I cannot seem to get Accesspoint to work with IIS however. Has anyone else had a similar issue and been able to resolve it?

I received a set of steps from Qliktech support outlining some changes that need to be made to the config.xml file. Even though the server install was a 32 bit one the xml file in the specified folder after installation is called config_64.xml I have tried modifying this file as outlined. I have also taken a copy of this file and renamed it to config.xml and modified it as outlined by Qliktech. Neither of these methods will work for me.

Kind Regards,

Footsie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manishkumar75
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi ,

You can not get Accesspoint to work with IIS for Windows XP. The prerequisites for installing Web Server is QlikView http Server or
Microsoft IIS 6.0 or 7.0. As you can't have IIS 6.0 on windows XP you can not get Accesspoint to work with IIS for Windows XP.

For this you have to install Qlikview Server on Windows Server 2003 or higher , so that you can find IIS 6.0 or above.

Hope it will work for u.

- Manish

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get Qlikview 9 Server working with IIS and not the Qlikview Web Server which is the default? If so could you please outline what was required in order to get this to work.

Kind Regards

Footsie

Not applicable
Author

Yes I have the same need. I'm am trying to test out different things with IIS and ADFS with Single Sign On and I may need to use asp pages, and the Qlikview Web Server does not support these. However, there's nothing in the documentation that describes how to use QVS 9 with IIS. It only says it is possible. I only have a draft version of the Qlikview 9 Server/Publisher Resource Manual and the exact wording in that is:

"The QlikView Web Server is used by default in a Out-of-the-Box installation, thus
removing the dependency on Microsoft Internet Information Server that previously
existed. However, if you want to use IIS instead, this is still possible. Please see
XXX."

I'm assuming XXX was placemarker for the writers to add in later revisions.

I tried following the documentation from Qlikview Server 8.5 but a lot of the configuration files and folders are not the same anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yiling

Not applicable
Author

So I emailed Qlikview support and they sent me a checklist for all the steps needed in order for Qlikview to run in IIS. I have attached it to this post. The checklist was still based on Qlikview Server 8 and it still didnt work for me, but it did get me closer.

According to the support email, once everything on the checklist is configured correctly, all you have to do is stop the Qlikview Web Server service and it should automatically work through IIS.

Right now I believe it is running in IIS however I am having trouble getting it to authenticate me. I think my problem is somewhere in the Enable Anonymous Users and Use Window's Integrated Authentication configurations.

Maybe you'll have more luck,

Yiling

Not applicable
Author

Footsie,

I'm curious to know what the changes to the config.xml file were. I found a file with that name in the QvsWebServer folder within C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Qliktech\QvWebServer. Maybe that was the file they were refering to instead of the config_64.xml thats in the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QvWebServer folder?

Thanks,

Yiling

Not applicable
Author

<body><p>Support finally came through with this one:</p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> <p>&quot;Verify that ASP.NET 3.5 SP1 is installed. </p> <p>Make sure that ASP.NET and Active Server Pages is set to &quot;Allowed&quot; under WebService Extensions in IIS. </p> <p>In addition to that, reset the security level to &quot;Default&quot; in IE, the same for &quot;Advanced&quot; and add the server to &quot;Trusted Sites&quot;. </p> <p> </p> <p>Since you&#39;re using USER CALs, all virtual folders for QlikView in IIS should be set to &quot;Windows Integrated Authentication&quot; and &quot;Anonymous Access&quot; should not be selected. </p> <p>Note, see the following in the reference manual for Server &quot;Setting up IIS for Windows authentication with QlikView for IE and QV AJAX ZFC&quot;. </span></p> </span> <p>Make sure that IIS and the QlikView WebServer are up and running. </p> <p> </p> <p>Follow these directions:</p> <div id="00N20000001eMTk_ileinner">In the config.xml located in &ldquo;<a title="blocked::file:C:/ProgramData/QlikTech/QvWebServer&rdquo;" target="_BLANK">C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QvWebServer&rdquo;</span></a> (WinServer 2008) <br />in &quot;<a title="blocked::file:C:/Documents" target="_BLANK">C:\Documents</span></a> and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QvWebServer&quot; (WinServer 2003) <br /><br />Make the following changes: <br /><br />Be sure ports are set/reset to default per initial install. <br /><br />Modify the URL for the AccessPoint.aspx. The change will also go into a js file so remember what you point it to. <br /><br />&lt;AccessPoint&gt; <br />&lt;Path&gt;/QvAJAXZfc/AP/AccessPoint.aspx&lt;/Path&gt; <br /><br />Comment out the paths under AJAX <br />&lt;Ajax&gt; <br />&lt;!-- <br />&lt;Path&gt;/QvAJAXZfc/QvsViewClient.aspx&lt;/Path&gt; <br />&lt;Path&gt;/QvAJAXZfc/QvsViewClient.asp&lt;/Path&gt; <br />--&gt; <br /><br />Comment out all folders under Web <br /><br />&lt;Web&gt; <br />&lt;Folders&gt; <br />&lt;!-- <br />&lt;Folder&gt; <br />&lt;Name&gt;QV_QLIKVIEW&lt;/Name&gt; <br />&lt;Path&gt;<a title="blocked::file:C:/Program" target="_BLANK">C:\Program</span></a> Files\QlikView\Web&lt;/Path&gt; <br />&lt;/Folder&gt; <br />&lt;Folder&gt; <br />&lt;Name&gt;QV_QVANALYZER&lt;/Name&gt; <br />&lt;Path&gt;<a title="blocked::file:C:/Program" target="_BLANK">C:\Program</span></a> Files\QlikView\QvClients\QvAnalyzer&lt;/Path&gt; <br />&lt;/Folder&gt; <br />&lt;Folder&gt; <br />&lt;Name&gt;QV_QVCLIENTS&lt;/Name&gt; <br />&lt;Path&gt;<a title="blocked::file:C:/Program" target="_BLANK">C:\Program</span></a> Files\QlikView\Server\QvClients&lt;/Path&gt; <br />&lt;/Folder&gt; <br />&lt;Folder&gt; <br />&lt;Name&gt;QV_QVPLUGIN&lt;/Name&gt; <br />&lt;Path&gt;<a title="blocked::file:C:/Program" target="_BLANK">C:\Program</span></a> Files\QlikView\Server\QvClients\QvPlugin&lt;/Path&gt; <br />&lt;/Folder&gt; <br />&lt;Folder&gt; <br />&lt;Name&gt;QV_QVJAVA&lt;/Name&gt; <br />&lt;Path&gt;<a title="blocked::file:C:/Program" target="_BLANK">C:\Program</span></a> Files\QlikView\Server\QvClients\QvJava&lt;/Path&gt; <br />&lt;/Folder&gt; <br />&lt;Folder&gt; <br />&lt;Name&gt;QV_QVAJAXZFC&lt;/Name&gt; <br />&lt;Path&gt;<a title="blocked::file:C:/Program" target="_BLANK">C:\Program</span></a> Files\QlikView\Server\QvClients\QvAjaxZfc&lt;/Path&gt; <br />&lt;/Folder&gt; <br />&lt;Folder&gt; <br />&lt;Name&gt;QV_QVPRINT&lt;/Name&gt; <br />&lt;Path&gt;<a title="blocked::file:C:/ProgramData/QlikTech/Qvs/QvPrint/" target="_BLANK">C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Qvs\QvPrint\</span></a>&lt;/Path&gt; <br />&lt;/Folder&gt; <br />--&gt; <br />&lt;/Folders&gt; <br /><br />In the .js located in <a title="blocked::file:C:/Program" target="_BLANK">C:\Program</span></a> Files\QlikView\Web\QvAccessPoint.js <br /><br />Change the line to match the change you did in the config.xml above <br /><br />qva.Remote = &quot;/QvAJAXZfc/AP/AccessPoint.aspx&quot;; <br /><br />Register the qvscom remote.dll located in <a title="blocked::file:C:/Program" target="_BLANK">C:\Program</span></a> Files\QlikView\Server using regsvr32.exe under <a title="blocked::file:c:/windows/system32" target="_BLANK">c:\windows\system32</span></a> <br /><br />Qlikview web server must be started/restarted, this fulfills the old accesspoint functions. <br /><br />The catch with this is XP will not work given the QVWS needs to be set to run on port 80, and XP is unable to share ports, so this is an either or in an XP environment; Server 2003/2008 and believe Vista/Windows 7 can port share, so this should not be an issue in those releases.&quot;</div> <div><br /></div> <div><br /></div> <div><br /></div> <div>This works. You can verify by unchecking Integrated Windows Authentication under Directory Security. And you will see that Qlikview no longer works. Doing this when using Qlikview Web Server will not have any effect. <br /></div> </p></body>

manishkumar75
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi ,

You can not get Accesspoint to work with IIS for Windows XP. The prerequisites for installing Web Server is QlikView http Server or
Microsoft IIS 6.0 or 7.0. As you can't have IIS 6.0 on windows XP you can not get Accesspoint to work with IIS for Windows XP.

For this you have to install Qlikview Server on Windows Server 2003 or higher , so that you can find IIS 6.0 or above.

Hope it will work for u.

- Manish

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for that Manish.

Kind Regards

Footsie

Not applicable
Author

yiling1990,

So in the following bit of code you had "<Path>/QvAJAXZfc/AP/AccessPoint.aspx</Path> " is the "AP" portion the new application pool you created?

thanks,

rob

Not applicable
Author

What should the accesspoint URL be? It's not clear in the manual or the forums what it will be for my install. I'm running the default IIS install in version 9.

<AccessPoint>
<Path>/QvAJAXZfc/AP/AccessPoint.aspx</Path>