3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2015 1:48 PM by Rob Wunderlich RSS

Suspend CAL License

Good Morning, in my company we have about 70 User Cal on Qlikview Enterprise Server.

We also have a Maintenance agreement that the cost is based also on the number of the CAL.

Since that the next year we will use only 20 of this 70, can I suspend 50 Cal in order to save money on the Maintenance fee?

Thank you very much.

• Re: Suspend CAL License
          Kwok Chong

In your QlikView Management Console, go to System > Licenses and select your QlikView Server on the left. On the right side, on the Client Access Licenses (CALs) tab, on the Limitations sub-tab, tick the Limit number of CALs and enter your requirements.

• Re: Suspend CAL License
            Rob Wunderlich

You should be able to cancel the excess licenses by contacting your Qlik Sales Rep. Note that this would be a cancellation, not suspension. If you ever wanted the licenses back you would need to purchase them again at the current price.

I've never heard of a temporary suspension of maintenance, but I don't work the Sales side. If you feel you have an unusual case, contact your Qlik Sales rep and see what can be done.

-Rob