Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE Plug In Crash if too many objects shown

Hi Everyone,

We have recently upgraded to Qlikview 9 (Server 2003), and since I have done this one of my reports keep crashing when you try to open a sheet using the plug-in. I have checked it out and it only happens if I attempt to show more than 3 expressions on a straight table or pivot table.

Each expression is 12 lines long, but the old version never had a problem with this.

Note the report works fine when using the QV Developer on my PC. It also used to work fine with version 8.

Any Ideas?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Does your document have any synthetic keys? It sounds like what is happening is your pivot table is attempting to make to many inefficient calculations which can be caused by synthetic keys.

Not applicable
Author

No symphetic keys exists, I checked in the table viewer and all looks fine. Just to note that it was working fine when I was using version 8 of Qlikview Server.

Not applicable
Author

Not sure if IE plugin fully supports v9 or not. Rc1 is out and may fix your problem.

Also, 12 line expressions i imagine can be extremely hard on the cpu. Even if it idid work in v8 it might handle them differently now.

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem, but I only have 2 lines in my chart.

Did you find a solution?

Not applicable
Author

We did resolve our v9 crash issues by using set analysis in the expressions and dimensions.