Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
obriened83
Creator
Creator

Qlik N-Printing Server

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you help me in finding out can N-Printing be installed on the same server as QlikView Server or does it need it's own server? If it does need to be installed on it's own server, does it have to have enough of it's own server memory to open QlikView documents or can it access QlikView documents that are stored on a QlikView Server? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Eamonn

2 Replies
Stellan_Ronnkvist
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello,

NPrinting Server can be installed on the same server as QlikView Server. That's how I've done it for our customers. NPrinting Server itself does not require much memory at all.

Regards,

Stellan Rönnkvist

obriened83
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Stellan,

Thanks very much for responding. That's great to hear. I was also wondering does it need it's own memory cache to store it documents or can it source the data from documents already loaded in the QlikView Server memory?

For example, if a document is already loaded into memory on the QlikView server, when you use N-Printing, is the document loaded into server memory twice? 1 instance of it in QlikView and another instance of it in N-Printing. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Eamonn