Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Data load editor cursor offset - this is driving me crazy!

Hi everyone

When I am in the script editor and I click the cursor somewhere then start to type, the text starts typing about 4 character to the left of where it should be. Similarly for example if I place the cursor to the right of where I want to delete a character or something and then press back space, it deletes the character about 4 characters to the left of my cursor!

Have I pressed a button by accident or something that has moved my cursor? I thought it was something to do with the indenting but alas not!

I've tried deleting the app I've been working on, restarting Sense, restarting my laptop but I can't get rid of the issue. Please help this is driving me to despair!

EDIT/UPDATE!! When I press CTRL A to select all the script I can see a faint duplicate of the code in the background, coincidentally slightly off to the right. Very strange.

Stu

19 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Haven't seen that personally, but could you please add informations about versions of client / server / OS etc. everything that might help?

Is this only happening on your laptop or on others connecting to the same server?

Only with one or all Apps?

Maybe mto‌ could help you out.

brian_holborow
Partner - Contributor III

Stu

I also see this behaviour sometimes, but not always.  I'm not sure, but it seems to me that it happens mostly (if not always) with script that has been created with a wizard.  WHen this happens what I do is copy the entire script page to the clipboard, paste it into NotePad, make a minor change (e.g. add a new line), and then paste it back in to the Sense scripot editor - this seems to fix the problem. 

Not a pretty work around, but it seems to do the trick.

Hope that helps

Please mark this as helpful / correct if your question has been answered to your satisfaction.

Brian

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Brian/swuehl

Thanks for the response.

I think I've narrowed it down a bit - what I was originally trying to do was copy a script from Qlik View desktop into the data load editor. I also tried copying it to notepad first and then pasting again into the DLE in Sense - same result. The issue only seems to arise when the original Qlik View has lines in it that have been commented out.

If I uncomment all the script lines it seems to work fine (it will paste directly from View to Sense with no issues - this of course means I have to re-comment the fields I don't want out again once it's in the Sense DLE which is a pain. Top and bottom of it is the Sense DLE does not like View scripts that have commented out lines on them!

If either of you have time, it would be great if one of you could test this to make sure it's not just something on my machine - I'm using the latest version of Qlik View (11).

Thanks

Stu

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

The answer to this lies with the operating system being used. As Qlik Sense does not support Windows 8.0 the copy and paste function does not work properly in Qlik Sense. Operating system needs to be windows 8.1 and above.

pleddy
Employee
Employee

Seeing the same issue with Windows 10.

roelvandeven

I have the same problem on Windows 8.1 using Crome (Version 47.0.2526.106 m)

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

There must be something else going on then. Since I upgraded to Windows 10 the problem went away. How are you copying and pasting? i.e. Are you copying straight from Qlikview or do you go via notepad?

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I have spoken to Qlik support about this again. The issue is actually a bug associated with Windows 10 touch screen functionality. It would appear disabling touch screen functionality resolved the issue in my case (link below about how to do this through device manager).

Of course this is tough if you're actually using touch screen functionality generally, but this is actually a known bug that the R&D team are aware of and are working on.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-touch-screen-windows-10

markginqo

I can confirm that I am experiencing the same issue while using a Windows 10 laptop, including the offset ghost version of the text when selecting.  I do not have a touch screen on that particular machine.