4 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2017 1:39 AM by Vasily Petrenko RSS

SAP Connector 6.1.1 Hangs

Nuno Pinto

Hello

We upgraded SAP connector from 5.80 to 6.1.1 but we are facing problems in the productive system.

We use Publisher to relaoad aplications and some tasks are not working, Qlikview( version 11) connects to SAP, extracts the data, but, without explanation "QlikView SAP Network Server" windows service stops (and we need to re-start mannualy again).

I can't find any errors on the connector logs, it simple seems that stops writing logs when the service stops.

The only error i found is on Windows Event Viewer, but also don't help very much:

"

The QlikView SAP Network Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s).

-System
      -Provider
      [ Name] Service Control Manager
      [ Guid] {555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}
      [ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager
      -EventID7034
      [ Qualifiers] 49152
      Version0
      Level2
      Task0
      Opcode0
      Keywords0x8080000000000000
      -TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2015-12-05T10:04:38.767443000Z
      EventRecordID31700
      Correlation
      -Execution
      [ ProcessID] 916
      [ ThreadID] 5656
      ChannelSystem
      Computer<CONNECTOR SERVERNAME>
      Security
      -EventData
      param1QlikView SAP Network Server
      param22

"

Does anyone faced a situation like this one and can help me?

As it is occuring in the productive system we are also evaluting the downgrade to the previos version.

Thanks,

Nuno

• Re: SAP Connector 6.1.1 Hangs
          Nuno Pinto

Hello,

Regarding the downgrade, i will uninstaling the current version of the SAP connector, install again the old version and re-import the tranport request from the older version in SAP.

This procedure is correct?

Thanks.

Regards,

Nuno

Tomas Sommergyll

Hi Nuno,

Do you have multiple connection strings in the Script document that is being used?

Is the publisher starting more than one extraction job at the same time or are there more jobs running at the same time (in parallel)?

Br,

Tomas

Vasily Petrenko

Same problems exist in my environment. I doubt that this issue is version specific as I've faced it with both with 5.80 SR4 and the newest 6.3.2. However the latter one shows much more stable work regarding Extractor connector, at least 2 months without single trouble until yesterday.

Regarding log records that correspond to the trouble, Windows Application log contains some but non informative. They just mention that c:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\SrvService.exe application failed.