Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

64-bit Installation problems v8.5

I'm reposting this becuase I was at a fellow user's desk when I posted it and I wouldn't get email notifications.

I'm trying to get the 64-bit QVS Server installed on a test 64-bit Windows Server 2008 box that previously had the 32-bit version installed on it in conjunction with our product. I uninstalled that first, cleaned out any remaining files and registry keys related to the server installation, and ran the installer with the same option selections we used for 32-bit (only installing the QVS Server and Mgmt Console, installing QVS under our products folder instead of Program Files\QlikView). After installation, I go the the Mgmt console, and the service is not listed as running, and the location of the exe is blank. I set the location of the file, then use the registration process to set up my license, and configure my document folder. When I close down Mgmt Console and go back in again, my changes have been lost, and the server location is not listed as running and blank. I verified that the service is listed as running under Administrative Tools-> Services, and have verified Administrator's membership in the QlikView Administrators group.

If I try to uninstall QlikView and start again, the uninstall process is unable to complete because of a timeout trying to shut down the service. I have to disable the service and restart the system before I can uninstall.

I am using 8.50.6231.5 (to stay in sync with out 32-bit install), but have tried the later builds of 8.5 with the same issue.

Can someone provide guidance?

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Look on the install tab at the server status box. At the bottom you will see Executable:

Look to the right of that and you will see a gray bar. Click on the bar then browse to the location of qvs.exe

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

I had gone through that process, but when I closed the Mgmt Console and reopened, the executable location was blank.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Check these two area of the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\QlikViewServer\ImagePath

See if the correct server path is there and check

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\QlikTech\QlikView\Install\ExePath

to make sure it is there

let me know

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.