Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server control panel access in ver 8.2

Is there a way to reassign which windows user ID has permissions to access the QV server control panel? Right now, it is assigned to the person who did the original install (not someone who is or wants to be in charge of general QlikView administration), but we'd like to switch it over to someone else.

Thanks! [:)]

P.S. Our company hasn't taken the plunge yet into the most recent upgrade or 2, but we have been considering preparing for them now. I've been told that in newer versions, more than one user can access the control panel, but we'd really like an "in the mean time" fix, as well as some confirmation that the problem will actually go away in future versions.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes, you can add/remove people from the QlikView Administrators local group on the server, using the Administration Panel itself (see page 47 of the 8.2 Server Reference Manual or go to Start-->Programs-->Administrative Tools-->Computer Management --> Local Users and Groups on the server. This will determine who may see the QVS control panel (I'm thinking you're talking about the one at http://<server>/qvsmanagement/Default.html - let me know if this isn't what you mean).

Regards,
Jen

Not applicable
Author

We have several people (including myself) in that group already, but anyone attempting to access the QV server control panel other than the one person who installed it just gets errors, and even crashes the publisher service if accessed while the non-admin user is trying to access it on the server. I could be wrong because I'm still pretty new here (both to QlikView and to my company), but as far as I've understood it, this is functioning as designed for the particular version of QlikView on our server.

Not applicable
Author

Also: In our version of QV, it's http://<QlikViewServerName>/controlpanel/default.aspx , but I've been told that is essentially the same link as the one that you gave.

Not applicable
Author

Oh, that is the Publisher Control Panel for us, not the Server Control Panel. Are you using Publisher?

If so, you can grant/deny access in the control panel itself, though you might need the installer to do the initial grant/remove. From the control panel, expand Settings on the left part of the panel. Then choose "User Profiles." From there, expand "Administrators" and "Members" and use that area to add/remove people. After that, you may want to either reboot the server, or at least recycle all the Publisher Services. You should then be able to use the Publisher Control Panel.

Not applicable
Author

P.S. We have not upgraded our environment either - still on 8.2 with no plans to upgrade in 2009. We do have the ability to have more than one person administer our implementations of Publisher (we have 9 production servers with Publisher and 3 development), so hopefully it'll work for you too.

Not applicable
Author

I'm still slightly confused (and also still waiting on our Network Admin to give your suggestion a try to confirm if it works for publisher control panel). Does that mean that we don't have a separate server control panel if we have the publisher control panel? If we do have one, I know that others don't have access to that, either. Is there a separate place where we can grant access to that?

Also, one of our other Information Systems employees says that he was told by QlikView that in 8.2, we're only supposed to be able to access administration through a single login, but that we should be able to access QlikView administration by multiple logins in later versions of QlikView. Any idea what portion that might have been referring to if it isn't either of the control panels?

Not applicable
Author

Well, I finally this week got our Network Admin to sit down with me and try to extend the permissions. From our control panel, there is no "user profiles" choice under "Settings". Our Network Admin says that he spend almost 10 hours on the phone with QV support trying to get other people to have access to it and was told that it just can't be more than one user account with whatever version of publisher we have. So I'm sort of back where I started: if there is a way to do it, how would I go about changing which account accesses publisher?