Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

in Qlik Sense how to display a summary number

On my story I need to display a summary KPI which is a single number that aggregates all the KPIs for the department and gives the general trend for the selected month.

since I know dynamic text is currently not availble I thouhgt about using a table and simply getting rid of the header but this doesn't seem to be possible either. Any idea on how to achieve that goal of just getting a single number without fuss around it?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Create a KPI object of your summary and bring it into your story.  No need to use a table in this case.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Oliver,

Firstly create a new measure (expression) which summarizes all the KPIs into one. Create a new sheet and place the KPI on that sheet and Save it.

Go to stories and create a new sheet by selecting the "+" button :

Capture.PNG

and select embed sheet.

Now select the sheet you want to embed and it will look like this:

Capture1.PNG

Now the sheet which has been embeded can be viewed using the play button on top:

and this will be refreshed every time the data is reloaded. Where as if you embed a snap shot its a static image which does't get refreshed.

Capture2.PNG

Hope this helps

- Sangram

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Create a KPI object of your summary and bring it into your story.  No need to use a table in this case.

Not applicable
Author

I don`t get it 😞

In the  story editor I don't have access to the measures and in the sheet editor I do have access to my summart KPI object but when I drag it onnto the the sheet a bar chart get created.

I originally thought about putting it in a text visualization but I read that dynamic text is not currently supported (expressions seem to only be supported in titles)

Not applicable
Author

my bad...

I just noticed the KPI indicator visualization...

Shame on me for being so dumb/sloppy.

Thanks guys anyway

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Oliver,

As I mentioned in my post, Create a KPI and add that to your story using Embed sheet option from the story.

Thanks,

Sangram