Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Action: Open QlikView Document Syntax

Hi, I am trying to connect two Qlikview documents together with a Button Object using the Action - Open QlikView Document.  It works fine if I have the other qvw in the same folder as the currently opened qvw because I simply need to reference the file name only in the Document box.  However, I am having trouble with the syntax for any document that is not in the same folder as the opened qvw.

Lets assume the folder structure is:

C:\QVRoot\Folder1\Dashboard1.qvw

C:\QVRoot\Folder2\Dashboard2.qvw

C:\QVRoot\Folder3\Dashboard3.qvw

I have tried the various document properties to no success:

'..\Folder2\Dashboard2.qvw'

[..\Folder2\Dashboard2.qvw]

[...\Folder2\Dashboard2.qvw]

'c:\QVRoot\Folder2\Dashboard2.qvw'

c:\QVRoot\Folder2\Dashboard2.qvw

='c:\QVRoot\Folder2\Dashboard2.qvw'

'<c:\QVRoot\Folder2\Dashboard2.qvw>'

I've searched high and low for any reference to the appropriate syntax for pointing the action funtion to the right folder but I just have had no luck.  The reference manual simply tells you about the action and what is does but doesn't offer any insight in to how the syntax should be formed. Also, I'm hoping the syntax for this button will work in both the full client, as well as, the AJAX client.

I'm hoping this brilliant crowd of folks can help a brother out!  Cheers!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Rick,

Try something like below

../Folder1/Dashboard1.qvw

I have attached sample for your understanding.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Rick,

This will work. I have tested similar in my system

C:\QVRoot\Folder1\Dashboard1.qvw

If the second file is in Same folder then simply try

Dashboard1.qvw

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tamil,

I discovered that my issue was occurring when I ran the dashboard from the client on a remote computer. It had the folder location mapped to a different drive letter other than 'C:\'.  Which begs the question, is it possible to use the recursive format [..\Folder1\Dashboard1.qvw] so that it works whether directly on the server, or when developing from a remote computer regardless of the drive mapping letter?

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Rick,

Try something like below

../Folder1/Dashboard1.qvw

I have attached sample for your understanding.

Not applicable
Author

Perfect!  That is what I was looking for.  Changed my back slashes to to forward slashes and viola it worked!  Thanks Tamil!