When duplicate my App - I've lost objects and data load script

Any help with getting them back?

Regards

lak

9 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

copying your app from one location to another shouldn't lose you anything.  Are you using extensions in your app that is not loaded in the other location?

What objects are failing to load?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No extensions, just basic QS objects such as KPI, TEXT BOX and tables.  I go onto the load editor and there's no script. 

At first when i duplicate the app in QMC, i get there's a data issue, but when i look at the published app, all the data is in there and running perfect.

Colin-Albert

Is the app being distributed on a server running publisher?

Publisher removes the load script from the distributed copies but this should not lose any objects in the app.

Publisher will retain the original app in the source folder.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm new to QS and it's the first time i've seen QS's QMC.  How do i know if i have Publisher (Apart from asking someone who works on the admin side) and how do i get to that source folder?

Regards

lak

Colin-Albert

Ignore my comments, publisher is a QlikView Server component not QlikSense.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No probs, i thought we were on to something there.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

After duplicating the app, you should now see both apps (original and duplicate) from the QMC->Apps.  It will also tell you which stream the app is published to.

If the original was published, the duplicate will be added to your 'my work' space if you copied the app while logged into the QMC as yourself.

If you open a published app, the 'load editor' is disabled. But if you open an unpublished app , the load editor is enabled and you can see the script. There are multiple sections of the script on the left. Check all sections. 

Something is not right here and if you can document the exact steps you took and the current situation of which app is where it might yield a clue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The guy who i work with has managed to retrieve the load script, this publishing and duplicating business is confusing, wasn't there an easier way to do this?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I'll check on that.  Duplicate / Delete original is not the most untuitive way to unpublish something.