Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leeacashman
Contributor II
Contributor II

nPrinting Preview - In Sections?

Morning,

I've been using nPrinting for several months now and on the whole, I love it.

However, several of my reports are pretty long and in-depth, and take about 15 minutes to run in their entirety.

The problem I have is that when I'm building reports like this, It's nice to preview them to see how they're looking... but is it possible to just preview part of the document rather than having to run the whole thing (and wait 15 minutes!).

I tend to use the Word document output in nPritning as that's the client requirement, but also use Excel too.

Does anyone know if a 'sectional preview' is possible?

Thanks in advance!

Lee

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Lee,

It's not  possible to run just part of a report.

What you can do is to apply a filter to the report to reduce the data set.

This will vastly decrease production time if you're using either the page or the level features. Naturally you'll want to apply a filter which uses the same dimension(s) you're using in the page or level feature.

Best

Aran

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

Lee,

It's not  possible to run just part of a report.

What you can do is to apply a filter to the report to reduce the data set.

This will vastly decrease production time if you're using either the page or the level features. Naturally you'll want to apply a filter which uses the same dimension(s) you're using in the page or level feature.

Best

Aran

leeacashman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Aran,

Thanks for your reply.

Ah, I see - yeah that makes sense. At present I'm just saving duplicate copies of the report and deleting the stuff which I don't want to preview... which is messy and time consuming.

I'll give your method a go - thank you!

Lee

Not applicable

Lee

I use Aran's recommendation all of the time with big reports, but if you apply a filter at the report level for your testing (to limit the data), make sure to remove the filter from the report when putting the report in production (I have forgotten a time or 2)