Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic report Naming

Hi All,

In Nprinting, for report name I am using dynamic report naming . I have a variable say X1 in QV which shows date in YYYYMM(201510) format.

when I am using the same variable in dynamic reporting it is not showing in the same format. It is taking as number(42307). I even tried to create my variable as text(YYYYMM) but still that is not working. while the same variable is showing as expected when I use that in  task as Email Subject .

There is an option in dynamic report naming for date but I need maximum date from my QVW.

Please input your thoughts.

Thank you.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

based on your response, is theis the way you are using dynamic naming? selecting QlikView variable for item and then for value, your are picking the actual QlikView vriable from the lsit?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I am pulling actual QV variable.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have you tried other data formats to see if they convert to an integer like your example?   I use variables in my naming convention quite frequently.  The preview below should show you what it will look like on the output.   I know showing date here does not solve your problem.  Just showing you this as a way to preview your variables, so I guess technically you could break it up to two variables and show yyyy and mm as separate variables and paste them together.  In your case 2105_10

dyanamic date format.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your suggestion It worked fine when I split as you said.

Not applicable
Author

I am wondering if ther is an issue with variables in nprinting.  I am using a variable as a filter and it did not work correctly but when I manually created the filter using the same exact expression in the variable , the filter worked fine