Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eike_s
Partner - Contributor III

NPrinting - numeric Search Filter

Hey,

i am facing a Problem with filters (import). I want to select a range of values for a field eg. value 0-100. I thought i could use something like >=0<=100 as search term but in every combination i set the filter i get an error. I want to avoid creating a list with all the values in between. Any Ideas? thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eike_s
Author

Ok, i found a solution that worked:

=IF((FIELD>=0) + ( FIELD <=100) = -2,-1,Null())

if you have other suggestions let me know

View solution in original post

6 Replies
eike_s
Author

Ok, i found a solution that worked:

=IF((FIELD>=0) + ( FIELD <=100) = -2,-1,Null())

if you have other suggestions let me know

Not applicable

one option you can try is to define a variable for your date range and build the filter off of the variable.  I have a date range in my QV app and crated a filter using that variable and it worked

you should be able to write qv logic within the filter - what I do is I go into an NPrinting template and write what I want my filter code to be in a formula - the formula will show you the results of the expression - then I paste what I wrote in the formula into the filter

Not applicable

also make sure when you write an expression for a filter, you check the evaluate option (and numeric if needed)

Not applicable

Eike

any new info or headway on this?

eike_s
Author

Generally you are right, but in this case i want to use it as a search term. So you have to uncheck evaluate.

eike_s
Author

see above