10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2009 9:51 AM by jerry.svensson RSS

Using Real Time updates in QV9

ihachlili

I was playing with the real time updates sample which works locally with an excel sheet running the qv updates but I couldn't get it to work in qlikview server. How can I make updates to data in a qvw that's loaded in qlikview server?

• Using Real Time updates in QV9
          jerry.svensson

You have to specify qvp://<server>/real_time.qvw

/Jerry

Gabriel Araya

Hi .. and I think that you need a special license to run Real Time

Gabriel

Johannes Sunden

Correct Gabriel,

Here's basically what is required for Real-Time Dynamic Data Update to work in a client/server environment:

1. License needs to have DYNAMIC_UPDATE;YES;; tag.
                2. QlikView > Settings > Document Properties > Server > Enable Dynamic Data Update = CHECKED
                3. QlikView > Settings > Document Properties > Server > Enable Push from Server = CHECKED
                4. Make sure that the following key is present in registry:
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings 7
                AllowDynamicUpdate
                Value: 1
                This key is modified by the license and there's a checkbox under the QVS security settings that displays if the license has Dynamic Update or not. (Looking at the checkbox in the QEMC should be enough)

5. The user doing an Insert/Update/Delete needs to be allowed to modify the document on the server and thus has to be a member of the QlikView Administrators group on the machine running QVS.