Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

System Hnaged due to Virtual Memory

We are running Qlikview Publisher on windows 2003 64bit with 32 GB memory and the page file size is almost double of memory but on system partition. We are facing low virtual memory messge and during that time we are unable to connect any qlikview client and managment console. we have already changed the page file location to another partion. If any one have idea of this please problem please help!

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is this happening after a couple of days?

If so then schedule a restart of the QVS service every night. Then the QVS will release the swapfile.

Hope this helps.

/Jerry

Not applicable
Author

Hi jerry,

Thanks for reply, we have already scheduled server to restratr automatically in off peak hours. only thing which i have done after this problem to change the physical location of swap file. if you have any other suggestion please let me know

Not applicable
Author

I would try to find out why the Qlikview server is using so much memory. Is it a specific report, to many reports at a time or are there to many users logged on at that specific time.

We also get, when fysical memory is full and swapping RAM to disc, that the server isn't responding.

/Michael