Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document not visible in accesspoint

Hi,

I added a new document to a QlikView server by copying it to the documents folder set in the management console.

When I use QlikView desktop to connect to the server, the document appears in the list like expected. It appears also in the user documents tab of the management console.

However, when I open the QlikView accesspoint, the document is not here. I restarted all QlikView services with no effect, and even reboot the whole server, and my document is still invisible through the access point.

What do I have to do in order to make it appear ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

ok problem solved

i forgot to say that the document was saved using QlikView 8.5, and it seems that only documents saved with 9.0 appeared on accesspoint

after saving it with QlikView 9, it appears correctly in accesspoint

View solution in original post

14 Replies
lhr
Employee
Employee

hello,

* what version of qlikview are you running?

* does the user logged in on the accesspoint have permission to view the file?

* if so, directly or through a group?

* are you running dms mode?

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

it's the version 9 SR1

there is no access permission set on the server and access is always anonymous

authentication used is ntfs

lhr
Employee
Employee

you saw it in the file list in qlikview desktop? could you open it too?

does the qvs anonymous user have permissions on the file in the filesystem?

(i.e., right-click the file -> properties -> security and look for a name similar to IQVS_????)

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

yes the document is opened correctly in qlikview desktop

and the anonymous qvs user has correct permissions on the folder

lhr
Employee
Employee

the anonymous qvs user has correct permissions on the actual file too?

Not applicable
Author

which anonymous user are you talking about here?

I am having a similar problem with V9 SR1 - though we are not able to see any documents on the accesspoint page, it says '0 of 0 QVSs is running' at the top, and then shows no documents.

we are using DMS - and I have tried by using both 'Integrated windows authentication' and 'Anonymous access' or using either of them, it doesnt seem to work.

all my services are started - even then it says 0 QVSs running.

btw, we are not using Qlikview webserver, we are using IIS, and have done all the configurations according to that, all our documents can be viewed through our HTML page using the IE plug-in, but the AJAX client is a big problem.

Not applicable
Author

ok problem solved

i forgot to say that the document was saved using QlikView 8.5, and it seems that only documents saved with 9.0 appeared on accesspoint

after saving it with QlikView 9, it appears correctly in accesspoint

lhr
Employee
Employee

just a quickie before the weekend 🙂

"0 of 0 QVSs is running" makes it seems that the accesspoint isn't aware of any QVS. check in the management console, or the hardcore way in the accesspoint config-file ([appdata]\QlikTech\QvWebServer\config.xml) and look for <addqvs> tags.

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

@jgeorge - did you just open the docs created with 8.5 in 9.0 and then saved them again without really making any changes? coz I wud have to do that will all the docs we have on our server.

@lars - thanks mate! will try and see whats happening in the file you pointed out...