5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2016 12:34 PM by Mike Czerwonky RSS

Nprinting query

Harshraj Sanghvi

Hi,

Request you to let me know if there is a restriction in nprinting that two tasks can not be scheduled to generate pdfs at the same time. For e.g. if a schedule of nprinting is executing for a one business from 3 PM to 4 PM then for another business a schedule cannot run at the same time. It needs to be scheduled only after the pdfs of the first business are completed.

Kindly provide inputs on it.

Sincerely,

Harshraj Sanghvi

• Re: Nprinting query
          Adam Krepistman

NPrinting runs all tasks, reports, jobes, etc. sequentially so if you have 2 tasks within the same job, the second one will not run until the first job is finished.

If your run your first job at 3 and the second one at 4, if the first one for whatever reason takes more than an hour, the second one will not start until the first one is done

Harshraj Sanghvi

This is a big constraint of Nprinting. I have two different businesses requesting me to schedule pdfs at the same time and I am in no position to be able to cater to this requirement.

Is there any workaround by which we can overcome this constraint.

Thank you.

Mike Czerwonky

We just bought a second Nprinting server license so that we could balance the immediate need of on demand jobs with the potential of an extended time schedule query.  We also put in place a test Nprinting Server for development.   I am however, looking forward to version 17 and multi task report queues.

Any guess on the general release date for Nprinting 17?