cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Logging of QV-application usage ?

Hi !

This is probably a really newbie question, but I'd like to ask it anyhow. [:)]

One of the things mentioned in a recent security review we've had were if it is possible to see (somewhere in a logfile) when a user has activated/read data from a specific QV-application.

In our case it is an application holding information regarding a so called sanction list... Does anyone know if such a log exists on an application basis, and if so - where can I find it ?

BR, Mats

3 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

There is an application existing, called ServerPerformance. Think it is installed by default, if you choose full installation, it is also available on the download-section.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter !

Thanks a lot for your reply, it sounds like a nice application. I also got a very valuable tip from QlikView support about a file called Session.log in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Qvs on the server machine. It contain some information, like who has opened the application, when it was opened, session duration and so on.

prieper
Master II
Master II

The session.log is one of the files, which is read by the a.m. application. (You may check the script for more logs). I found it quite convenient to use the existing application and have added just a tab in which I have aggregated the info, which I deem necessary.

Peter