Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Importing Active Directory Users

Hello,

I'm implementing NPrinting and have a question around the active directory aspect of the product. Obviously with QlikView it is fairly easy to link into AD and set up different distribution rules per QVW and the connection to AD is done once through the server.

In terms of NPrinting, do I need to create a link to AD for each NSQ project that I create? So if I can a project based on one QVW (e.g. Sales) and only want to distribute this to certain users their AD do I need to create a AD task that is specific for this task? And then if I had another QVW (e.g. Operations) and only want to distribute to another group of users via their AD information do I again need to create another NPrinting task to extract from AD?

Or is there a global task that can be used for multiple NSQ projects so that I don't need to extract from AD for every project task?

Thanks,

Ralph

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Ralph -

There is not a global task that can be used across multiple NSQs. One limitation to importing users thru AD in NPrinting is that you are unable to import the filters (rules) to be associated with each of the recipients.

Typically, there will be single source for recipients that can be used and scheduled as part of a recipient import task. Outside of AD, this can be used with a variety of file types, database connections or even stored in a QVW.

This will bring in the distribution information, personal details (e.g. title, company) and filters to be assigned to that recipient or group.

From there, you will have the entire recipient base to choose from when setting up report tasks.

Here is more information that may be helpful:

How to Create and Import Recipients with Filters and Distribution Groups

How to Distribute User Specific QlikView Reports by E-mail

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stephen_Jasionowski

Ralph -

There is not a global task that can be used across multiple NSQs. One limitation to importing users thru AD in NPrinting is that you are unable to import the filters (rules) to be associated with each of the recipients.

Typically, there will be single source for recipients that can be used and scheduled as part of a recipient import task. Outside of AD, this can be used with a variety of file types, database connections or even stored in a QVW.

This will bring in the distribution information, personal details (e.g. title, company) and filters to be assigned to that recipient or group.

From there, you will have the entire recipient base to choose from when setting up report tasks.

Here is more information that may be helpful:

How to Create and Import Recipients with Filters and Distribution Groups

How to Distribute User Specific QlikView Reports by E-mail