Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

User Documents - Cant see Reload Tab

Pretty much says it all. We have version 9 of the Qlikview Server software. When I run QEMC, I can create a folder for my "documents" but when I browse these documents under Documents -> User Documents -> MyFolder, I see only three tabs...

Server Settings, Document Information and Collaboaration Objects. How do I get the Reload tab to show up!

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried to uninstall and re-install the QV Server software (Win 2003, x64...) but no luck. Still missing he Reload tab. Interestingly though, the "folders" that I created (the ones that show up under User Documents) were still there after the re-installation. That they show up works for me but it was not expected. I doubt related to my issue but just in case...

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What you are seeing is expected behavior. "User Documents" are the Distributed documents. To see the Reload tab, you need to look at "Source Documents".

Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here's a picture of what I expected-I have it on my laptop. Same steps taken on the server but different results...no Reload tab

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My mistake. I was assuming Publisher Enterprise.

I don't have any more half-baked suggestions.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No problem Rob. I appreciate the effort.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

From previous posts, I gather you don't have a Publisher Enterprise license. However, it seems that a Publisher Enterprise LEF was somehow created on the system. When QV sees that LEF it removes the Reload tab from the User Documents page and puts all reload options under Source Documents. To put everything back to normal, these steps should do the trick:

1. Stop QV Services.
  2. Search your computer for all LEF files, and delete them all.
  3. Open regedit and browse to HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikView and delete the Authentication subkey.
  4. Restart all QV services
  5. Open QMC to the License page, and reenter & reregister all the license info for QVS (but NOT Publisher!!)
Not applicable
Author

In the first place there are no LEF files on computer. Nevertheless, I did exactly as you described from steps I to 5 except step 2, which did not exist and yet I could still not see the Reload Tab. I tried unintalling and installing back with the Steps and that did not help eaither

Not applicable
Author

I too am looking for the Reload definition. In the manual it says 'This tab is available when running only Qlikview Server.' So how are the document reloads defined with the Publisher license?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

is the "QlikView Distribution Service" running? I've found that the server is hiding the reload tab when the service isn't running.

Alex:)