Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Way to add markers in line graph?

Hi!

Is there a way or trick or something to add markers in a line graph in Qlik Sense?

I have a graph showing sales per month, and it would be great to be able to add something to show when there was an ongoing sale for example. Or when a new product was launched etc.

Is this possible in Qlik Sense?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Number of approaches.

1. Turn it into a combo chart with your sales measure as a line item and product launches measure as markers.

2. Insert a reference line which can be static or dynamically set.

3. Use your sub title or footnote to add some relevant commentary about your visualisation

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Number of approaches.

1. Turn it into a combo chart with your sales measure as a line item and product launches measure as markers.

2. Insert a reference line which can be static or dynamically set.

3. Use your sub title or footnote to add some relevant commentary about your visualisation

Regards

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

Combo chart + markers seems like a good way forward in my case.

Ideally, I would like a widget where you can dynamically highlight and name ranges on the x-axis. That would be cool!

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

As a final thought have you looked at data stories yet?  This is a great way to include point in time context to your app. So for example a spike in a particular quarter can be annotated with a relevant reason i.e. product launch and stored in the app for review and historical purposes.

Not applicable
Author

No, I haven't actually, but I don't think it is that useful in my particular setup. I might be wrong though, and I'll take a look now that you mention it. Thanks!