Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVD Access Script Reload Fail

Running QVS 11.20 x64 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 x64

I have a file that references an access database in another location as well as a SQL database. I created a task to reload the data in the file, the reload fails. If I comment out the section that references the Access file then the reload completes. This same script runs fine on a local machine leasing a license without any commenting.

Does this have anything to do with no Microsoft Office being installed on the server machine? The connection to the SQL server is fine as well.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There may be a problem with your driver setup. Check this link for a possible solution:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/209805

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, of course. Every Microsoft Office installation comes with OLEDB(ODBC) drivers and a Jet engine to access various MS Office file formats with a query engine.

Fortunately, you don't have to install an MS Office license on your server to get your reload up and running. You can install the drivers as a separate package. See Re: Connect to Ms Access files? for a link to some older packages. Search the Microsoft Downloads site for newer drivers.

But of course, it could be something entirely different. What is the exact error message in the Document Log? If you can't find a Document Log, enable Settings->Document Properties->General->Generate Log File, save your QVW and rerun your server reload task.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for responding. I have installed the ODBC drivers for Office 2010 Suite from Microsoft but still get the following error at the end of my log:

0189  OLEDB CONNECT64*Provider*Password*Password*

Error: ErrorSource: Microsoft Access Database Engine, ErrorMsg: Could not find installable ISAM.

General Script Error

Execution Failed

Execution finished.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There may be a problem with your driver setup. Check this link for a possible solution:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/209805

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Yes, turns out it was a driver call issue. Thanks!