cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeeshanadeel
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to Create Text file from multiple straight tables in NPrinting

I would like to create a text file from two different charts / straight tables.

Both charts have different columns and values.

In this file I don't have to have any header row and the separator should be '~'.

I read that it can be achieved through PixelPerfect report but I don't know how. It would be great if someone please guide me on this. An example would be great. Thanks!

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zeeshan,

When you say text file, do you mean PDF or something that you can delimit to another application

Is this a one time deal or recurring?

It would be very challenging to take you through the process to create a pixel perfect report in this forum post, however there are an abundance of resources available on this site to walk you through the process step by step.

If you navigate to Home and then to NPrinting, you can see everything you need to get started.

nprinting resources.PNG

zeeshanadeel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I want to generate *.txt file and it should have custom separator '~'

It will be a monthly file that I need to send to another system for import.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Frank.Savino

Frank,

Is it possible to export out of NPrinting to a text file with a separate delimiter using Pixel Perfect.  It appears to me that you can only go to PDF.

If so, do you have some direction on how to do that?

Not applicable

I do not believe any of the templates support creating a file with a txt extension.  Pixel Perfect does support rtf which may work and there is also using a word template to save it in a doc, docx extension.

These formats/extensions above support the overall requirement of being able to create the file but does not save with txt

Not applicable

...and I guess there is always the ability of having the QlikView application write out the txt file

zeeshanadeel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I wouldn't mind creating a CSV file as long as it can be generated from multiple charts.

I can always change the file extension through a batch file. Haven't thought about it thoroughly yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So now, you are down to whether you need this automated or not.  I don't know how complex your process is.  You can create an NPrinting Excel template and extract your data from Qlikview and export it to a CSV file. It is not hard if you refer to the resource section I showed you in my previous post.

Or you can just click on Export to Excel from your QV object and manipulate your data and save as a CSV.

Only you can decide if you want to invest the time to automate the process

Not applicable

Question - are you wanting 1 csv file for each table, or are you wanting 1 csv file containing the data from all of your tables.

If the answer to the first part is yes, then I would recommend Mike's suggestion.  If the answer to the firat part is no, then I would suggest building an object in qlik that contains the data from all of the objects and then follow Mike's suggestion

zeeshanadeel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I want one CSV/TXT file that should contain multiple tables data.

I read in the pixelperfect report documentation that it can generate one file from multiple charts/tables. I tried to find the documentation but I could not. Not sure whether the documentation is not right there or we're missing something?