Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Engine Stopped, and I can't find the log folder

Hello experts

I am quite new to Qlik Sense and I am facing folowing issue:

A couple days ago the engine of our Qlik Sense installation stopped. The first thing I did was to check Qlik Sense Service to see if one of them was no longer running, but that was not the case as all of them were working just fine.

Then I searched in this forum just in case I was able to find a similar issue, and I found this one:

https://community.qlikview.com/thread/157777

The thing is that I am not able to find the "Log" folder in my Server, it doesn't exist.

After restarting the services the engine is running again. But I am concerned about the "Log" situation. What can I do so the "Log" folder and the Log itself get generated?

Thanks in advance and regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello Javier,

please take into account that programdata folder is hidden by default in Windows. So, you need to change that setting in the operating system in order to see the folfer.

Hope that helps,

Diego.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

The default location for the Log folder is c:\programdata\Qlik\Sense\Log ... Is that what you are looking for?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Javier,

please take into account that programdata folder is hidden by default in Windows. So, you need to change that setting in the operating system in order to see the folfer.

Hope that helps,

Diego.

gferran
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

In the QMC, Engines, edit the node and be sure that the Audit activity log level is not OFF. You will find this check box in the Logging menu. You can do the same with Proxies, Schedulers and Repositories.

Does it solve the problem?

Not applicable
Author

That was the problem. I was looking for the log folder in the equivalent of "Program files" in my system language, which wasn't obviously the right place to look for. That was really a a noob mistake.

Lot of thanks and regards