Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distribution Service Disconnected

I completed a new installation of QVS 9.0.7257.6 yesterday.

I created a chained schedule, tested access to the server, running tasks, SMTP alerts etc... all successful.

I connect to the server this morning and the Distribution Service is disconnected, and my entire task schedule has dissapeared and the SMTP alert settings have vanished.

The settings returned when I manually restarted the distribution service. My problem is how to ensure it doesn't routinely disconnect and try to understand what is causing the problem.

The account which runs the services is a member of Qlikview Administrators and Administrators AD groups on the server. I have debug logging in place, but there are no hints in the default.txt log as to why the distribution service was disconnected.

On the Event Viewer, the service runs almost constantly overnight - well outside the range of scheduled times (see screenshot).

Every couple of hours the following error is recorded;

Exception=System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1\Log'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

error loading image

I would love some help guys, thanks very much.

0 Replies