Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to find *.msi file while installing server

Hi all,

I am new to qlikview. Can someone guide me on how to install it. I have followed the reference manual. But stopped here as i was not able to find the mentioned *.msi file in the given path.

Hope some can help me out so that i can start the deployment.

After installing and restarting the system i am unable to find required *.msi file. For reference i have copied the screen shot of that.

error loading image

Also i am not able to find the path as mentioned as optional in the reference manual

C:\Users\username\App-Data\Local

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Reference manual points~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obtaining the MSI package
If you need the msi package for installation you have to extract it from the
exe file.

1 Start the installation from the exe file and let the first dialog open.
2 In the temp folder in C:\Documents and Settings\username\
Local Settings, or C:\Users\username\App-
Data\Local depending on you operating system, you will find the
msi file under a random name, e.g. ed34g.msi.

3 Copy the msi file to a location of your choice.
4 Exit the exe installation.
5 Install using the msi (see below for silent installation). See also
Deploying MSI packages with Group policies in Appendix D.

Silent Installation

To make a silent installation start the msi file, 32-bit or 64-bit, from the command
line with the following parameters for the msi package:
msiexec /i QvsSetupRedist.msi MYUSERNAME=domain\username
MYPASSWORD=password /l*v log.txt /qn
and for the exe file:
msiexec /i QvsSetupRedist.exe MYUSERNAME=domain\username
MYPASSWORD=password /l*v log.txt /qn
where domain\username is the domain and username of the user you wish the
QlikView Server/Publisher services to run as, password is the password of that user,
/l*v creates a log for the installation and /qn makes the installation silent.

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

Adding this to the above issue. I am getting this error message when i enter domain\username and password after opening qlikview enterprise management console. May i know what this below error message means???

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You don't normally need the msi file. After running the *.exe file the installation is complete. The msi file is only required if you are trying to push an install with something like SDS. Is that what you are trying to do?

-Rob

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

dsjain wrote:I am getting this error message when i enter domain\username and password after opening qlikview enterprise management console. May i know what this below error message means???

On the Server, add your userid to the local group "Qlikview Administrators".

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Thanks for you reply. My i know what do you mean by SDS here.

I will explain you what exactly i need. I have completed the design the application. Now i want to deploy/publish the developed application in to web/local so that others in peer can access the application in their web browser.

Still if you have any doubts please do let me know.

Waiting for your reply!

Not applicable
Author

You mean to say that i need to add userid and password while installing the server or do mean to add the userid and password in the windows server. I have installed the server in windows xp and not windows server. Do i need to install windows if i want to deploy the application???

Below is the way i added the userid and password. And later i used the same when opening the qlikview management console. That time only i got the error message.

If you need anymore clarity on my request do let me know.

Thanks in advance!

gajapathy74
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Could you please give me a link to download the server version (trial).

I have just completed creating the qvw file and I want to continue to deploy them.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can download from downloads options from qlikview community! But i am not sure whether it trial or licensed as i still not completed the deployment part.

All the best!

gajapathy74
Creator II
Creator II

Thanks for your response.

I am not able to find the link, so could you please give me the link for me to download and try myself.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi

There won't be any links provided there. Just click on downloads then do the required selection.

QlikCommunity --> Downloads ( Here you will get all the downloads which will be opened in a new window)