Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Publisher - Published Document Cleanup

We have an Publisher job that is split into 2 distribution tasks. One, which distributes a single document with visibility to ALL geographic locations (ALL Access) and another which generates documents (based on a user id) that limits visibility to specific geographic locations (PARTIAL Access).

Publisher regenerates the ALL Access document, defines the proper security and overwrites the old document which is no problem. But when a user's access changes (say from PARTIAL Access to ALL Access), the existing PARTIAL Access document is not deleted and stays in the user's Access Point. This resultsin the user seeing two documents: 1) a ALL Access document and 2) an outdated, PARTIAL Access document.

My question is what is the "best practice" solution in cleaning these outdated / unneeded documents up so that the user isn't presented multiple documents?

1 Reply
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Hmm, interesting QV quirk. If I were you, I would create a batch file to delete the old documents and set it as a Supporting Task is QEMC --> System. This task would, in turn, trigger the task that creates the new files.