Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Windows Event Viewer - Error 1229 Operation attempted on a nonexistent network connection

Hello

Windows Server 2003 - 64bit

Event View shows a high concentration of the following error:

"An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection".

I believe this is Error_ID 1229.

AccessPoint serves up QA apps fine but I have had reported "time out connections" from a limited few.

error loading image

I do not believe this is related to the memory leak addressed by Customer Patch 9.00.7336

TIA Stoney

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Check to make sure that your DHCP range is large enough for all of your computers and ensure that they are all receiving leases. Make sure that the leases are being granted for a few days at least. Also, ensure that your DHCP server is configured to update DNS on behalf of the clients (Secure Dynamic Updates).

I'm assuming that you're using IIS since the QVWS shouldn't result in such an error. So also try the following: In IIS Manager, select Default Web Site --> ASP --> Com Plus Properties, and set the following fields with the following values.

Enable Side by Side Component = True
Enable Tracker = True
Execute in MTA = True
Side By Side Component = MSMXL

Then restart IIS. Hopefully, one of the above steps would fix your problem.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

I'm also having this error in the eventviewer. The users are reporting errors about slow performance mostly. I can't find much in the logs of QlikView but found this error a lot in the EventViewer.

Ths Domain Server was changed a month ago and only till now this behavior is happening. We are using QWS so, no IIS.

The server is windows 2003 server and is not the principal domain server. We are using a domain user (with all the privileges needed ) to run the services of QliKview.

I can't find anything in particular to check or to define if its a QliKView's derivated error or its a Windows's only error and how to solve it.

Anyone??

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

What is showing in the webserver log? Is something else running on port 80?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.