Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server not available after unfinished licence installation

Hallo Guys,

my company wants to work with a QlikView Server. We just set it up last week. Everything went well till the point we set the licence key on the management site (qmc). After that the site is not responding anymore and it is not possible to log into that site again. So one of the services is hanging!

We have a valid licence key. I guess that we placed the licence key and the server tries to connect to QlikView Server to validate it. The problem is that we use a proxy server in our company and we also have problems in validating licences for the QlikView Clients. The solution for the QliKView Clients is to set up the proxy "hard" in the "internet options" without automatic detect of a proxy server. This is not working for the server program.

So i guess the service tries to connect to QlikView Server to validate but cannot connect to it because it doesn't know about the proxy server and how to use it.

Do you think i am right and can you help me?!

Thank you very much. Yours sincerly.

Frederik Nünning

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Make sure that the QlikView service account (the one that all QlikView services run under) has security access to the proxy server. This can sometimes be a problem if the QVS account is just local and not a domain admin.

Not applicable
Author

Hallo Vald,

thx for your reply. Somehow i managed to get the server started and set the LEF-File, licence key and control number. After that everything ran fine.

Merci from Germany.