Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you silently install QlikView Desktop without the QVPlugin

We're attempting to install QlikView Desktop in our environment using the MSI.  The problem is that they want a newer version of the QlikView Desktop and use the older existing version of the QVPlugin that is on the system.  I've been trying to figure a way to deploy this silently but I am having a difficult time.  Is there an MSI property I can pass a value that will exclude the installation of the QVPlugin?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. !

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Qlikview Desktop & plugin have two different installers.I believe there is no impact on the plugin if you get latest version of desktop client.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply!

They are using version 11.20.12904.0 of QlikView Desktop.  And an older version of the QVPlugin for compatibility.  The one that comes with 11.20.12904.0 apparently does not work correctly with their QlikView configuration.

I am using the extracted MSI for 11.20.12904.0 and didn't see two separate installers, just the QlikViewX64.msi.  If you do the install manually you can select not to install the QVPlugin but we are distributing to it to a larger audience and would like to deploy this using the MSI without the plugin, unless there is a switch with the executable to NOT install QVPlugin.

I hope that gives you a better idea of our predicament.

Thanks again for your assistance.