'qva' is defined in \QlikView\Management Service\QMCCommon\QvAjaxZfc\htc\QvAjax.js and \QlikView\Server\QvClients\QvAjaxZfc\htc\QvAjax.js, which is in turn defined in almost every file either directly or through \QlikView\Management Service\QMCCommon\Includes.js. Have any of these files been modified?
Thanks for the response. I've finally found the problem. I recently installed the Google Chrome Frame plugin -- in response to some prompt or another -- can't remember why. The installation of this component caused the string "chromeframe" to appear in my IE UserAgent header. Here's my full header:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; GTB6.3; chromeframe; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
QvAjax.js tests for the Chrome browser like this:
IS_CHROME = navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase().indexOf("chrome") != -1;
which incorrectly caused the code to assume the browser was Chrome, not IE, which caused problems in the conditional paths
I tried to work around the problem by uninstalling the Chrome Frame plugin, Alas, this did not remove "chromeframe" from the UserAgent, but I found this entry on the web
that told me how to remove it with a registry edit.
I'll report this as a bug.