Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
senarath
Creator III
Creator III

Extensions for Qliksense

Hi All,

Most of the extensions available in Qlik-Branch cannot be imported to QMC due to incompatible file types structures. Those works fine in desktop version.

Anybody have got any idea as to how and from where we could get compatible extensions to handle important features and requirements such as variable boxes, date range features, state, visualization,etc. ?

Is there a official place to get extensions ?

Thank You,

Senarath

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Contact Qlik Support and reference QLIK-40291. The likely problematic files are .json, .wbl, .ttf, and .qext. Since there are so many files that are problematic, they should be able to provide a work-around EXE which adds the MIME types to the Repository.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Senarath,

Qlik Branch is the the only official place to get extensions. As you you have said there are extensions which through error while importing them in QlikSense, but you can fix them if you analyse what the issue is. For example : There are a few extensions which do not have a .wbl file(The meta data file of the extension). So things like this can be fixed by ourselves.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sangram Reddy.

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Senarath Bandara Herath wrote:

Most of the extensions available in Qlik-Branch cannot be imported to QMC due to incompatible file types structures.

Based on this, I am going to suspect that you're running Qlik Sense 2.1.1. With 2.1.1 R&D introduced a MIME type vetting of extensions, which was ill thought out. Common filetypes when downloading from Branch (where you really get redirected to github) cause imports to fail. I'd check the extensions folder for filetypes which are not .png/.css/.js/etc. I'd first focus on README.md and LICENSE files. If you post the extension(s) which is/are failing I'll dig into it a bit more.

senarath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Levi,

Appreciate your response. One important extension that I was looking for is SenseDateRangePicker (file name is:NOD507-SenseDateRangePicker-bf6fa3c). I get the error in importing the same.

Some other examples are : DoubleBarChartForQlikSense-master, AnimatedBumpChart-master, etc.

Many thanks if you could guide me how to handle such cases.

Rgds,

Senarath

senarath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sangram,

Thanks for the note. However I have no idea about development of extensions. So what I require is a basic guide line as how we can handle such ones.

Qlik branch being the official site, Isn't there a mechanism in the Qlik branch to test the compatibility of such extensions before upload to site. Isn't these would be a problem to anybody who is going to use these.

Rds,

Senarath

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

NOD507/SenseDateRangePicker · GitHub

Likely remove README.md

https://github.com/AlejandroEvolcon/DoubleBarChartForQlikSense

Likely remove LICENSE, README.md, d3LICENSE

https://github.com/brianbooden/AnimatedBumpChart

Likely remove .gitattributes and .gitignore

senarath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Levi,

Last two worked and SenseDateRangePicker which is the utmost important to me did not work.

Please check and reply

Thanks

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Senarath,

Did you check if the version of the extension is comparable with your server?

Thanks,

Sangram.

senarath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sangram,

How to check that ?

Thanks

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

hi Senarath,

The version of the extension will be in the .wbl file. If you open it using an text editor you will find a variable like "Version:1.X"(for example). Check if its compatible with the server. If the extension has been built for version 2 and above and your server version is below that....you might find issues with the extension.

Thanks,

Sangram