Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create scheduled reload task in QlikView Server 9 SBE

Hi,

I tried to install QlikView Server 9 (x64), and my license is QlikView Server Small Business Edition. I read from QlikView license document that mentioned about "In version 9 every QlikView Server has the capability to perform a scheduled reload of data as well as provide an Access Point for easy deployment of QlikView documents. This functionality has previously been referred to as Publisher Standard Edition, and required a separate install."

When I tried to input QlikView Server SBE license number in QlikView Publisher License part. It shows error "License is not Publisher Enterprise". Then, in QlikView Management Console doesn't have "Source Documents" and "Publisher Setting" tab.

It means we cannot created reload tasks in QlikView Server 9, like QlikView Publisher 8.5 that we can use QlikView Server License.

Could you please help me clarify that my understanding is true or false? If true, how I create reload task in QlikView Server 9 SBE without QlikView Publisher Enterprise License.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

To schedule a document reload, you have to click the "User documents" tab (in the QlikView Managament Consol). Then select a document, and you would be able to see three more tabs on the right hand side. Choose the Reload tab and schedule wanted task.

I hope it would help you.

Kind regards,

Janusz

Not applicable
Author

Hi Janusz,

First of all thank you very much for your advise.

Anyway, I cannot find Reload tab in Right hand side. I saw only 2 tabs, Server Setting annd Document Information.

Best regards,

Chaolvalit R.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I had the same issue when installing QlikView Server 9.

What you have to do is to uninstall QlikView Server and delete QlikView and QlikTech catalogs in the system. After this install QVS once again, put QlikView Server licence and check if the Reload tab appears. Do not insert a lincense in the Publisher section.

Let me know if this helped.

Kind regards,

Janusz