Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help - QlikView Server (Licence)

Hello,

I have QlikView Server installed on a server. I am changing machine and need to take this licence of QlikView Server to the other machine.
Someone could say what the best way? Is there a Trial license where I could perform tests and analyze whether this new server is running?
How do I remove the license on this machine and transfer to my new server?

Thank you very much!

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

There is a test license available--you should contact your Qliktech Account Manager to get details. To remove a license from a server, you would need to stop all services, and then delete all LEF files (including in hidden folders) and the HKLM\SOFTWARE\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Authentication registry key. To install your existing license on the new server, just enter the license key information in QMC.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I could not find this file that I have to delete. It works if I just stop the service and the License button in Control Panel and delete the license information?

Thank you for contact!

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

No, that won't work--you actually need to delete the LEFs or the license would just be recreated immediately. The files should be here (paths assume a Windows 2008 server):

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\Publisher LEF\PubLef.txt
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikView\Lef.txt
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Lef.txt
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Lef.txt

I think that's all of them. So stop the services, delete the files and the reg key, and restart the services.

Regards,